Monday, February 20, 2006

5 Weird Things

I have been tagged by Coloratura. I was supposed to post 5 weird things about myself but didn't know what to post until just now as I caught myself talking to myself in the kitchen. I defy anyone to tell me that’s not weird. So here it is.

5 weird things about me:

1. My mother says when I was 3 years old one day she came upon me sitting on the floor playing with some toys and muttering under my breath. She smiled fondly and asked, "Who’s your friend, sweetie?" thinking, reasonably enough, that I had an imaginary friend. She says I looked up, rolled my eyes and said, "Mom! I am talking to myself." Self-aware at 3. Now that I am older I don’t make a habit of going around muttering under my breath anymore but every now & then my internal monologue refuses to stay trapped in my head and finds a voice.

2. Sometimes I sing aloud to the music in my car. Sometimes I dance and sing aloud to the music in my car. I also do this in the kitchen, living room, bedroom and the shower with alarming frequency, but generally only when I am alone.

3. I hate chick flicks. I have not seen Never Been Kissed, the pink-something movie with Reese Witherspoon (the one where she was a law student or lawyer), How To Catch A Man or Lose A Man or something like that (the one with Goldie Hawn’s daughter) or any other of the ilk. I can’t even remember their names. I have, on the other hand, seen every Jackie Chan movie, Chuck Norris movie, Bruce Lee movie, all the American Ninja movies, Karate Kid, The Kickboxer, Rocky, Rambo and all their sequels. I have seen Fight Club seven times, every single Tarantino movie twice and Guy Ritchie movies like Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels countless times to the point where I can glibly quote lines from them at the drop of a hat.

4. I can eat ice cream just about any time of the day, even in the middle of a bitter cold winter, and have been known to wake up past boyfriends and send them out for ice cream at 2 am in the morning on a few occasions.

5. I really would much rather stay home alone on a Saturday night than go out with some guy I am not that interested in just in the offchance we might hit if off or just to have something to do. Everyone keeps me telling me this is weird so I guess it must be.

And now, I am supposed to tag 5 people in turn but I honestly don’t know 5 personal bloggers so instead, I will leave it open. (Yes, sometimes I am a coward - my fragile ego can’t take the hurt I will undoubtedly feel if someone I tagged didn't play along so this is my way of wimping out). If you happen to read this consider yourself tagged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home