Saturday, February 04, 2006

Crazy Is In My Blood

I just came home to this message from my mom:

"Hello? Hello? Honey, where are you? Why aren't you picking up? Are you angry with me? Pick up.... pickuppickuppickup... Are you ill? Hello? Why aren't you picking up? You know I am sick ... (in a lower voice, murmuring to someone in the background, probably my dad or brother) .. This is very aggravating."

Sigh. I switched to voicemail 3 years ago. And for the last 3 years I have been explaining to her that I can't hear her message while it's recording, even if I am at home. And for the last 3 years I have been coming home to messages like the one above.

For some reason, even though it is frustrating that she keeps doing that I love her more at times like these.

1 Comments:

Blogger beefdrop said...

My Aunty Elsie does the same thing to my mother - "Peg, pick up if you can hear me, are you there? are you there? If you can hear me, pick up. Are you there, Peg?". Poor old people, baffled by the magic technology that records messages without the beep and the blaring electronic voice.

2/07/2006 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home