Friday, February 17, 2006

Flights Of Fancy

The Bright Young Thing seems to have taken a fancy to me. She called first thing this morning to ask if I could come clubbing with her friends and her. I was a little amused by the use of the word "could" in the way my school friends used to call up my mother and ask if I could come out and play but the offer seems very generous, although, for all I know I could very well be her show & tell for the evening. Observe:

BYT ushers in cherchezlafemme where 3 other BYTs are sitting sipping their cosmopolitans.

BYT1 : "Look a single 30-something. I didn’t believe they existed outside of Sex And The City!"

BYT2: "Oh, but they do, they do. In fact, they are getting more common every day."

BYT3: "Really? Interesting! We will just have to make sure that doesn’t happen to us!"

In unison: "To us. To us." (uttered in dull monotones in a Beckettian parody)

I am thinking of going. Why not? Other than the fact that we have nothing in common, that she reminds me of the other girl, makes me question the very fabric of my last relationship and is six years younger than I will ever be again, I can think of absolutely no reason not to. Besides, it might be fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger beefdrop said...

Sounds awesome! They will probably look up to you, in a way. Fun!

2/17/2006 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home