Sunday, March 19, 2006

Events Of The Non-Event Kind

And life goes on. After a rather hectic week at work training my replacement among other things I am finally all ready for my leave. I will only be gone for 6 weeks but it is amazing how many things there were to hand off. I have been looking forward to this because it would be nice to spend more time with my family of course. But now that it's here I feel oddly reluctant to leave. I keep thinking I am forgetting something. Maybe it's just travel anxiety. You know, like when you are halfway to the airport and can't stop freaking out about leaving the stove on? Even though you haven't actually turned the stove on in 2 & 1/2 years? Yes, that kind of anxiety.

On the subject of blogging and privacy, yes, I realize that this is a rather open medium but that doesn't preclude an individual's right to privacy or expectation thereof. However, there are people, both in real life as in the internet, who clearly have a different definition of social propriety than me. And I still want to keep blogging for reasons of my own so I guess I will have to deal with the comments as they come. I considered turning comments off altogether and I may still do that or turn moderation on but for now I am not changing anything. Most people, as several commenters pointed out, are nice.

In random events of the real life kind - John's driving me to the airport again, I bought some new clothes for the trip (my mom would be pleased!) and I have suddenly become a photography enthusiast. Oh and coffee guy, who incidentally happens to be a photographer by hobby and profession (and my inspiration), woke me up at 2 am this morning to play James Blunt's "You are Beautiful," then drunkenly said "thassyou" or something to that effect and hung up. We have hung out a couple of times and I have the greatest time when I am with him but I have yet to decide whether this is adorable or creepy.

I guess I now have 6 weeks to figure it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home